“Mothers, cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones. Yours is the work of salvation, and therefore you will be magnified, compensated, made more than you are, better than you are, better than you’ve ever been.

He is blessing you & He will bless you. Rely on Him, rely on Him heavily. Rely on Him forever. And press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope.”

-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Turkeytrot

Every year on Thanksgiving since Andy's dad passed away we do what is called the turkeytrot. It was started in his honor and to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. It’s a 5k or 10k race. This year however I was not able to run due to the pregnancy so I volunteered at one of the registration tables while everyone else ran.



















4 comments:

The Shane's said...

awesome! what do you mean you couldn't run!? lol!

Brittany said...

I love the Turkeytrot idea! That's awesome! You'll be able to run next year with Brent. I need a new hobby huh? Hmmm... I'll have to think of something. Maybe we can make christmas goodies or something this time! :)

Attitude of Gratitude said...

What a sweet way to honor his memory. Your comment about sitting it out made me remember how when I was finally full term with Colt I started running on the treadmill (more like a pathetic jog)to try and get that kid to hurry up and come! That last month is TOO slow!

Maria said...

Hope you had a great Thanksgivng. Finally you put pictures of the shower. From your previous pictures you didn't look that pregnant. Now you can tell you have a baby in there. Congrats on you baptisim mark....I can't believe how fast time flies.